An Instagrammer’s Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago
From June 5 to July 8, Brooklyn-based Instagrammer Michael George (@migeophoto) walked for 34 days from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain, along the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route, a 790 kilometer journey.
“During the journey I felt I was transported into the Land of Oz – a postcard fantasy of Spain,” Michael said. “Luckily each day the landscapes were an easy way to keep my mind distracted from my aching feet. Now that the walking is over I am excited to welcome others into the adventure.”
Michael’s photos trace his journey through the Pyrenees Mountains and into the charming Spanish villages that dot the route. Be sure to visit his Photo Map to get a better look at his photos and where along the route they were taken.
Sorry I didn’t post anything yesterday. I was busy marrying my Scottish lady-love.
To everyone who donated, I cannot thank you enough.
… because I literally couldn’t have done it without you. (literally)
I have never been this happy, so that’s one hell of a thank you I’m trying to make here.
If you donated to my wedding fund and you want to jump up and down with me virtually, please send me an email.
If you’re feeling terrible about not donating because all of a sudden you realize you’re one of those jaded modern youths that don’t feel joy or sorrow or anything except hunger and maybe a cramp from sneering, you can help us pay for visa/moving costs (which are way more expensive than weddings) here.
If you had no idea why the donate button was there in the first place, watch this.
If you just want to say “OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS HOLY SHIT WTF AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” you can just reply to this post. I read all the comments on every post because I have no life and because they make me smile.
If you are having chest pains, call 911. (Can you Skype 911? Might be easier.)
If you only care about sassy lemurs and gibbering chickens, ATIAC will return on Friday, April 13th, 2012.
… which is three days after my wedding.
La la la la la.
“In observance of Easter, I feel like I’ve been dead for three days.”
Song: Starships by Nicki Minaj
It’s a Hit
- The peppy, guitar-driven beginning that drives so many Katy Perry summer anthems.
- This intro is not immediately followed by Katy Perry’s voice which, at this point, I think we’re all bit tired of.
- Crazy Nicki gets a chance to play with Super Bass Nicki - everyone wins.
- Literal instructions to put our “hand up, and touch the sky”, a command that NEVER fails.
- The “higher than a motha-” part is really quite brilliant.
- Shades of Britney and her “Till the World Ends” unchorus of “Oh oh oh oh’s” - if you’re gonna steal, steal from the best.
- Has potential to stick around until summer and become the perfect “windows down, volume up” party jam of 2012.
- Still unsure what happens after the “higher than a motha-” part - it’s like every dance breakdown of the past few years got stuck in a tornado. A tornado made of fire. I don’t know yet what to make of it - I want to love it, sometimes hate it, and think I probably need to be ~*drunk in the clurb*~ to understand it.
- Might actually be three songs in one. Not entirely sure.
Verdict: 7/10, It’s a Hit